The COVID-19 Resources page of the Sierra Hematology & Oncology Medical Center website offers steps to ensure that our employees and patients are safe, while closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation.
What We are Doing to Keep You Safe
We at Sierrahemonc continue to closely monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it is changing quickly, and new developments are happening daily. Our most important priority is to make sure that you receive the best care possible. We are taking significant steps to reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19 and ensure that our employees and patients are safe. These steps include:
- All individuals entering the center are screened for fever and cough, as well as for potential COVID-19 contact risk.
- Strict hand hygiene on entering and leaving the center will be firmly enforced.
- Visitors in our centers are not permitted in order to minimize the risk to our patients and employees. Exceptions will be made for caregivers when it is necessary to stay with patient for consent, translation, other care related reasons. Please inform the facility when scheduling. If you require assistance with transportation, please ask you ride to drop you off and return to the facility during the appropriate pick up time noted by the staff.
- All patients will receive masks to wear while in the center waiting room and treatment area.
- All staff members will wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while in contact with patients.
- The center has been intensively disinfected, and this will be done on a daily and ongoing basis.
We are cooperating closely with local and state health officials, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and medical experts to ensure that we reduce the risk of infection to the greatest degree possible. Our commitment to your safety and well-being remains our first and foremost priority. Our staff is always available to address your questions or concerns.
For even more protection, you may choose to have your visit virtually.